Pages

Thursday


Light, darkness, and color exist in the atmosphere. This is most notable during sunrise and sunset. In the human being we relate the brightness of light with thinking, the movement of color with feeling, and darkness with the activity in our physical body. When thinking, feeling and the activities in our physical body work creatively and in harmony with each other, health is experienced. Prolonged disharmony results in discomfort, illness, and hindrances for healthy development. Painting and charcoal exercises working with light, darkness, and color are designed to restore balance and harmony so healing can take place.
"Healing requires movement, inner movement for change and growth. One of the greatest gifts of our time for encouraging such movement is artistic therapy--Collot painting and charcoal work. If time and space allowed, I would recommend it for every single person I see."
Why can I read it, understand, agree, and preach it...but not be able to take it and apply it to myself? This question will only lead me on the ever repetitive, rant filled path of my sorry ways. No use in re-writing what I have already blogged; though I have yet to begin, for a world of information has been left out. But I know this is no place to discuss it. It is however, sooo very hard not to, when as I've said, it is all I think about. And even the smallest quotes like these bring it all about with even greater intensity and awareness, though its intensity is already at such an extreme, that I don't even understand how it can be hightened further. But I refuse to listen to these projections at the moment, I am to focus on painting. I have realized I integrated a lot of reading into my action project as well-written pieces discussing painting, other forms of art, mind body and soul pieces, meditation and a few others. All things which I find conducive to my project and my spirit. Its kinda lovely, my mind is growing, I am growing, and outgrowing tbings I no longer find useful; getting older and wiser, though my wiisdom only deteriorates my health. Its such a paradox; its as if I am growing but at the same time stunted. Its just so confusing, I am definitely a form of complication.
But anyhow, my painting is kinda the same...dark; I continue to paint nevertheless...thinking perhaps one day it will surprise me.

No comments:

Post a Comment